There have been a number of crashes today in the area due to the freezing fog that we are experiencing.
Please remember the following if you are driving around Salisbury:
- Lower your speed, and increase your safe distance.
- Use your headlights and fog lights, but turn off your fog lights off as soon as conditions improve so as not to blind other drivers.
- Headlights should be dipped at all times, otherwise it just reflects off the fog.
- Fog is often patchy so try not to speed up as visibility improves. You could suddenly find yourself back in thick fog further up the road.
- It is often icy when foggy so beware of black ice which you cannot see.
- If you really cannot see, consider stopping until it is safe to continue.